CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Skirt Chaser 5K Race

I signed Tim and I up for the skirt chaser race. I signed up because I thought it would be a great bonding experience for us. I also wanted to share with him something I love to do which is run. This is such a great race. The ladies get a 3 minute head start then they start the men. Tim and I bet if he could catch me. Normally I knew if never would but since I have been having some heel and tibia issues I thought maybe he could. The race start was pretty uneventful. I gave Tim a kiss and was off to the start line. Within .25 of a mile I knew this wasn't my day. The pain in my tibia was bad. Not to mention it was pretty hot and humid out there. The race was at 5pm and I was dying just standing there. Anyway, I just slowed down and tried to get my breathing down. Nope that never happened. I figured oh well, it is only a 3 mile race and I will survive. But I didn't. The pain just got worse and I never had control over my breathing. Maybe I need to start using my inhaler more regularly. So I walked/run the rest of the way. Tim finally caught me the last 100 yards of the race. I am very proud of him. He did about 8:00/miles. My final time was about 23:05. With the course being short, I ended up with around a 9:00/mile pace. Which usually I wouldn't be proud of but I did was about 3 times to walk and stopped to tie my shoe. With all of that wasted time and pain in my tibia, I still ended up with a 9:00/mile. Looks like Team Rogue is paying off!!

0 comments: