CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 20,2008 - Soul Buster!!

Time: 5:30AM

Duration: ~3:45:00
Location: RunTex Gateway to Rogue

Sport: Running
Workout: 20 Miles w/ 1 mile all out @ Mile 2
Distance: 21.7 miles
Weather: Nice and cool, then hot!!
People: Team Rogue

All week I was alittle worried and nervous about this workout. My left quad has been acting up on me as well as my planter fasciitis. I have been wearing my night splint but I don't think it is enough. I am thinking I will have to go get a shot sometime soon. Anyway, I went over to Ginger and Craig's house Friday night to have dinner with them. Then excused myself at 8:00 to make sure I was in bed around 9pm for my 4am wake-up call. I got up with no problem and headed out the door to Rogue (our finish point). I then hitched a ride up to Runtex (starting point). We got our instructions and were off to Anderson Track. We got to the track and got set up start our 1 mile all out. Before I could really think about it we were off. I tried to keep up a pretty good pace and I am happy with my results. But after looking back, I think I could have pushed harder. I then got some water and headed out to finish the rest of our 18 mile run. I was feeling pretty good, yeah legs were alittle tight but not too bad. But then I started having stomach issues. The all out mile made my stomach go nuts. I had to make a pit-stop and lost my regular running group. :( I finished my taking care of business and was off again. Just as I was getting back on course I saw Foho and Bfdee. I was thinking to myself "Awesome, I have someone to run with!" But Foho wouldn't let me slow down and run with them. She kept saying "Go faster...You are too fast!" So I did what was told. I kept up with Katie and Brenda. They were alittle in front of me, but I always caught up to them at the waterstops. I was feeling pretty good until mile 17. Then I was just ready to be done. Then once I hit downtown I swear I hit every light and had to stop. By that time traffic was out in full force and my legs were to tired to sprint across. So I just waited. Finally made it back to the store feeling pretty good, but tired. I then got ART and was ready for some food and a nap. Overall good run. I didn't have my watch, but I did keep up with Katie and Brenda so I am happy with that.

1 comments:

Dee said...

Steph, you looked really strong in your running. Good job YOU!